View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 07:19 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW View Post
I took a break from the Honor Harrington series after book 9 because I was getting a little tired of Webers' frequent and long winded info dump scenes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I would like an answer to the op question as well. I also quit following the series around book 9. Recently was thinking about starting it again but can not decide how to go about or if I really even want too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW View Post
I really enjoyed the first 6 or 7 books, book 8 is where I think he really started hammering the info dumps and book 9 is where it got irritating.
Is it possible that you're just running into a very natural "enough is enough already" barrier with regard to a series that's approaching double-digit installments? The same thing happens to me, but it starts happening around book four or five. Loving a series does NOT imply that it's going to keep me absolutely riveted for 7, 8, 9, 10 books.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote