View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 06:13 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Ok... Couple of things..

First of all, Kobo Desktop ONLY handles books in Kobo's own format; you can NOT add ePubs to it. Books bought from Kobo will be downloaded into Kobo Desktop and then into the Touch when you connect it via USB with Kobo Desktop active.

Secondly; what firmware IS your Touch running? Hopefully it has been updated to the current firmware level (1.9.16).

Next; Calibre by itself will not remove DRM from books. For help with that you need to google for "Apprentice Alf". (The Forums mods do not permit us to discuss DRM removal on the forums, but do allow us to give broad hints as to how to find it).

Finally; have you done the Adobe Digital Edition setup (ADE)? With this in place you can sync books from ADE to the Kobo while leaving the DRM intact.

Remember how I mentioned earlier that books purchased from Kobo download into Kobo Desktop? Well.. if you go to the Kobo Books website and look at the "My Library" link, you will see all the books you have bought from Kobo, and they should have a button alongside each book to download an ePub version. This will actually download a small "ACSM" file, that when opened within ADE, download the true ePub into "My Digital Editions" in your Documents folder. This will be DRM'ed so you can either transfer it via ADE to your Touch, or, use the "Apprentice Alf" stuff to remove the DRM and add it into Calbre.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote