View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 06:26 PM   #116
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I wouldn't want to add any more "direct click" link cells to the grid, or else there will be nowhere a user could safely click. I presume you know you can click on the forum link just below the grid right?
That is why I thought about it. I'm often using this link and a even quicker-access would be great. But your 'safe to click space' would decrease indeed and that would be a big disadvantage. Right-click menu sounds great.

I've been thinking I may at some point add a right-click menu, in which case the forum link could be on that.[/QUOTE]
Quote:

Why would you want to direct a user to the author's page? I can't think of anything particularly useful/interesting on it. If you are going to send them a PM you can do that from the forum link page.
I had something in mind as a list of plugins by this user, or comments on this user. But for that, you should better link to a website of the user instead of the profile. Rethinking it makes it seem indeed a little useless.
Quote:

That would open up a whole can of worms I'm not sure I really want to get into at this point. That whole issue you mentioned of removing plugins for instance. What if they remove the dependency using the command line? Or via the Preferences -> Plugins dialog? Depending on a plugin that is part of Calibre and permanently enabled is one thing, depending on a user plugin is another.

Obviously over time the number of user plugins is growing and will hopefully continue to, so presumably the temptation/likelihood of cross plugin dependencies will increase. I will quite happily keep my head in the sand in the meantime though
Get deep enough and maybe you will find an old box of Londinium-coins and you will be rich
Valid remarks and in the future there should be a better way of dealing with this. I'm now thinking of creating a calibrex-library. Like Javax, a combination of often used methods / classes so it can be reused by other plugins (also causing calibre to start faster I think)
drMerry is offline   Reply With Quote