View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 10:49 AM   #5
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagero View Post
Amazon seems to change the chips, because mine has clear "SanDisk" logo on it. Maybe because mine is international version? I'll post a picture of the chip later.
The Samsung MoviNAND and Sandisk iNAND are generic NAND Flash with a MMC/SD interface as they both follow the JEDEC standards. I've got a K3 Euro and its a Samsung. I've never seen or heard anybody else mention a Sandisk part in their Kindle but I guess Amazon just uses whatever they've got stock of on their production lines.

The RAM you were referring to in your first post is a different part in the iNAND range. You can get iNAND MCPs which have multiple individual chips all in a single package. This wouldn't be very useful in the Kindle because you only want those when you're extremely constrained for space like in a cell phone. The Kindle already has space for regular RAM chips which are cheaper.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote