Thread: PRS-950 Sony PRS 950 Issues
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 11:43 PM   #11
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
@HarmonS
I think the fact that you can stand reading anything on your smartphone shows your eye's haven't the sensitivity that causes eye strain like on many other people. If in that case, why do you even need e-ink?

of course you can read BBC, as can I. That pretty much one of the few sites that format properly on the PRS950.

Others aren't as convenient. Many sites have text just a tiny bit too long to fit the portrait orientation, which could have much solved by enabling Horizontal Orientation just like every other e-ink device and EVEN on every other area of THIS device. (why the inconsistency?) Some sites have text FAR TOO small and PRS950 fails to resize text.

In any case, it seems some people can't wrap their head around the fact that LCD < e-INK in readability/eye comfort of many applications besides novels. I know, what a crazy new idea.

Just realize that many of us eye's hurt more from reading LCD but are perfect with e-ink display, on ANY APPLICATION. GET IT????

If there was an e-ink iPAD, I'd have gotten one by now.

Last edited by jessie102; 12-16-2010 at 11:46 PM.
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote