Thread: Glo Book title problem
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Exclamation Book title problem

After a lot of headscratching I have now found that it's possible to have a Book Title that prevents the book from being opened on the Glo.

My problem came with Charles Kinglsey's book - Westward Ho! I eventually realised that it was the title that stopped me from being able to display a kepubised version of the book.

Removing the ! solved it. I suspect that the real issue here is that the book title is used to generate the file name and although it is possible to include the ! in the filename for some reason the Kobo viewer chokes on it and won't open it although the cover page displays perfectly.

There may be other characters that give the same effect, it's a matter of being aware.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote