View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 06:15 AM   #53
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dejected View Post
Using my ipod as an e-reader actually inspired me to get a seperate device (the sony reader) to use exclusively for reading. I liked the ipod fine, but I realized that it wasn't a great option if I was going to be reading alot of stuff on it.
I think that's actually a pretty likely scenario for a lot of people. If people are introduced to reading books on PDAs, they'll likely find that the device doesn't fulfill their needs as well as they'd hoped. With the Kindle as popular as it is, I think a lot of iPhone users are going to jump on any app that claims to add that kind of functionality to their new device, and then when they've tried it and found it good but not great, they'll move to a real ebook. I know that's what I did when I moved from reading books on my PDA to reading books on my Sony Reader.

If Amazon is smart, they'll actually create an app to sell books on the iPhone to lure people in to their system, which would of course result in more hardware sales.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote