View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
Ginnia
Connoisseur
Ginnia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Adding Books to Calibre error

I've spent hours with this -- PLEASE HELP.

I'm trying to load books to my laptop, and want to create a file of .mobi books. Creating the file is no problem, and I can get it just the way I want it. It's the restoring to my laptop using the Add Books feature that I'm having problems with. Can someone tell me what I need to do to the following Regular Expression to get the "author" portion of the adding process correct? The Test shows the authors separated by a comma (the actual punctuation in Calibre, however is a semi-colon). Neither result in the proper author sort field tho. I want the "&" in the extracted author field so that the author_sort field is correct.

Regular Expression: (?P<title>.+)--(?P<series>.+) (?P<series_index>.+) - - (?P<author>[^_]+)

Test data: Archimedes Effect, The--Net Force 10 - - Tom Clancy & Steve Pieczenik.mobi

Test Results:
Title: Archimedes Effect, The
Authors: Tom Clancy, Steve Pieczenik
Series: Net Force
Series index: 10.0

All is OK in Calibre, EXCEPT the author is interpreted as Tom Clancy;Steve Pieczenik, which is no good for author_sort.

I think I just need the little piece for the author extraction. I do not know Python and have guessed at what I have gotten so far, but can't figure out this part.

Ginny
Ginnia is offline   Reply With Quote