View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #13
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxp33 View Post
Thank you David and DNSB,

I simply renamed the file as kepub.epub and my interlinear hebrew / english genesis with freeSans or kobo nickel even Georgia font displayed just fine. Vocalization seems ok too.

My css still uses:
.hebrew {direction:rtl; unicode-bidi:embed;}
for corresponding span. Didn't try without yet.

Thanks a lot

François
With a .kepub.epub extension, the book will attempt to locate an appropriate font for characters that are not in the font set for the book. This was brought out in a discussion a while back about using a Sanskrit font. On another hand, if you specify a font that has a glyph at the right position but is not the right glyph, the results look rather interesting. Not very readable but interesting.

There have been several discussion about using kepub in this forum you might want to check into to see what potential issues you may run into.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote