View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #12
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Why, if specifically seeking an unbiased source, are you requiring that it be from a "medical" point of view? Medicine is the study of diseases and disorders and their treatment. It seems to me that by asking for a medical point of view, you are presupposing that it is a disease or disorder.

I'm sure you can find books like that, but you'll need to look for books from around the middle of the last century and before, or from authors whose mindset is stuck in that era.
Correct, there is no other way to study or classify that.

Now, I am not saying it is a psychological disorder, but this can't be explained in a religious point of view.

The brain handles sexual preferences in humans, it's a fact, and brain and body it's studied by medicine.

I don't want to create polemic, I just wanted to know if someone read or knew a book about this topic, that's it.

I am not homophobic and just wanted to read about the topic and learn more. I like to read about almost anything that its non fiction, including self help books and medicine.

Anyway, thanks for the answers, I actually have a better idea of which book I should read or get.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote