View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 12:08 PM   #37
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Sony Clie SL-10 (hi res but poor contrast LCD)
Sony Clie SJ-20 (excellent mono LCD)
Sony Clie Sj-30 (excellent colour LCD, but not as good as the SJ-20 in sunlight)
Nokia 6630
CyBook Gen3
Sony PRS-505
Kindle 2
iPod Touch

The Clies were good, SJ20 was probably the best. The Nokia has too small a screen. The iPod Touch I haven't give a proper trial.

CyBook was good, but fragile. Sony is good, but heavy. Kindle is good, but bulky - currently my main reader.

But ePubs are the future. The formatting can be so much better than with Mobipocket.

So I'm on the lookout for something that does really good ePubs, with a better display and form factor than the Kindle.

The Mirasol and Electrovista displays look very interesting, especially the high resolution of the Mirasol. All I have to do is wait for it to be in production in a machine I like.

Last edited by pdurrant; 03-26-2010 at 12:11 PM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote