View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahu Lee View Post
I'm sorry I don't really think that my question has something to do with Sigil itself, but I'm not sure where I should post it and here it is:

I'm making an epub using Sigil and when I open it in ADE or Nook-for-PC to check how it looks I notice that the readers don't render CSS correctly, the way it is\looks in Sigil or my web-browser.
For example, the both use different sans-serif font (I have set Arial in the CSS), they also have some problems with Drop-Caps (they are kinda "off the grid"). And they don't render letter-spacing property at all.

I'm not very experienced with all this ebook creation stuff, so could you enlighten me on why this might happen or what I should and shouldn't expect from the readers? Would there be a difference in the way hardware readers handle my epub?

Thank you very much!
Different render engines, behave different. Some, like QT used with Sigil and Calibre have known quirks.

IMHO You did good. You checked things out on the Target device(s) Those are the ones that count

Wander down to the EPUB section here at Mobilread. There you will find a lot of experiences. Be sure to read the Stickies ( hint: the one on ADE is IMHO, a must)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote