View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #29
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
I totally agree about the organization part. In fact, the only realistically feasible way to keep work coordinated between more than 2 people seems to have a distributed version control system. I was thinking about github (or something similar) for the management. I don't have any experience with them yet, but since they're a pretty big player, I assume that they support this kind of collaboration task. Objections or alternatives are welcome, so: any comments on that?

Sticking with the thought of github, it may well make sense to provide facilities for other localizations as well. I doubt that everyone wants their Kindle in german But since we're at it, I guess that providing some kind of "central" would benefit others as well.
I've heard about collaborative translation sites which are helping to produce software localization also. I've never used them, but short googling leads to http://www.crowdin.net and http://www.getlocalization.com. On both public, open-source projects are free. There are should be more sites like them. I don't know how translation process is organized and managed on these site, but it could be more easy to use than github.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote