View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 11:07 PM   #190
Jane12
Groupie
Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iDevices
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieterpops
These books were not expired. Each had a 21 day until expiration and worked fine in ADE, but had circle with a bar in Bluefire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah View Post
When you tried to open the books, did you get some kind of error message?
Hi Micah,

I'm getting the same kind of error as dieterpops. Here's what's happening:

* I checked out book "A" about a week ago. It has 6 days left before expiration. I successfully transferred it to BFR via iTunes, but the cover was blank with a circle and line through it. When I tried to open it, I got: "This loaned item can no longer be accessed." However, it opens fine in ADE and has 6 days left before it expires.

* I then tried checking out some new books ("B," "C" and "D"). These all transferred fine and opened no problem.

* I then returned book "A" and checked it out again. Now it has 14 days before it expires. It's all fresh and new. I transferred it to BFR, but again I get the blank cover with circle and line through it and the error message: "This loaned item can no longer be accessed." And yet, it's newly checked out with 14 days left and opens fine in ADE.

* I then decided to return book "B" and try checking it out again. This time, I get the blank cover with circle and line through it and "This loaned item can no longer be accessed."

So there's definitely something wonky with the authorizations if you're trying to transfer a book that's been checked out for a while, even if it hasn't expired yet. And it looks like once you return a book you can never check it out again, which is kind of a bummer since my library only loans for 14 days, and if I can't finish a book in time and want to check it out again, I can't.

However, I'm thrilled to finally have some access to ADE DRMed books on my iPod and want to thank the BFR Team for all your efforts!
Jane12 is offline   Reply With Quote