Thread: Arc Kobo Arc
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #21
cyndersk
Enthusiast
cyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Touch & Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo-Robin View Post
Great. Discovery is only going to get better. With time.
I'm not sure how it can. I get the idea of it - but don't like the practice of it. And if it is anything like the recommendations in the Kobo store front and the way it ignores what you tell it then I expect the same thing here.

For example, I have set my preference for recommendations on the store to only recommend things based on what I've purchased/read. I've rejected many, many items. And yet it still shows me those items over again, and still brings in books that I have no idea where they got the idea I might want to read them.

So far what I have seen of the discovery bar it seems to be following the same pattern. I remove something saying I'm not interested - it comes back. One of the ones that really bugged me was when I was searching for synonyms for a word - I then got tons of recommendations for English - the language - places to learn it, books on it, even people who now spoke it. And this given that my Arc is set up in English! Makes me reluctant to do searches on it - you never know what might show up on the bar for everyone to see......

Anyway, that is my only issue with it. Mostly I love it.
cyndersk is offline   Reply With Quote