View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
bfo
bfo began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
[SOLVED] Unable to upgrade Boox M92

Hello
Recently I have been trying to update firmware on my Boox device from version 1.7.20120402 (stock one) to 1.7.20120607, which I would assume is the most up to date as of now. Having successfully uploaded the .zip archive on my SD card I rebooted M92 with the card inside while pressing the joystick, as said in the instructions. However, instead of starting the upgrade, Boox shows the default boot screen with a line at the bottom that reads: "Update request received. Searching for an upgrade..." for a few seconds and then boots the device as it normally would, with the loading bar at the bottom and all. I know there already is a similar thread here on the forum (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=175658), but my device, unlike the one described there, continues to boot. Should I return my Boox to the vendor right away, as recommended in a discussion under the above link?

EDIT:
It came out to be plain and simple. I have to use firmware that is produced by the reseller of Boox in my country.

Last edited by bfo; 06-14-2012 at 06:17 PM.
bfo is offline   Reply With Quote