View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 01:35 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkillings View Post
I've customized the toolbar in calibre to remove and reorder icons the way I want, and it works -- *until* I connect my device (Kindle), at which point the toolbar reverts to the default configuration, with icons I don't want to see in an order I don't prefer. As soon as I eject the device, the toolbar goes back to my customized selection.

Is this by design? Is there a good reason for this behavior? Or am I missing some step I could be taking?
This is by design, different toolbars for different states of being. You must customize both toolbars. Go to Preferences - Toolbar and click the dropdown arrow (see attached) and choose the toolbar when connected to a device and modify that one too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	toolbars.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	75777  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote