View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 09:33 AM   #2
:D ominik
Groupie
:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook
Just do it. Softrooting isn't anything other than a firmware update. If you don't like it, its no problem to get back to the original firmware. And since 1.2 you don't have to install the extension manually, they are included.

There's only one thing, you have to do with the ADB shell: everytime you go to the home menu, another menu appears first to choose between B&N Homescreen und nookLauncher. It is possible to define which one of these you want to use everytime, so that this additional (and annoying) menu doesn't appear (you need to edit a file with the ADB shell). And you will do this, since nookLauncher offers every function like the B&N Homescreen, plus much more (it is slideable, customizable and uses the beautiful classic buttons).

nookBrowser: a web browser, but believe me: you won't like to browse the web using an eInk screen. But it's usefull to login on some WiFi networks, where you need to confirm some terms & conditions in a browser.

nookLibrary: a replacement for B&N "my library" but with these differences:
- B&N books and my Documents in one listing
- Coverflow (with sideloaded books)
- Search for books in title or author
- Filter by Tags
- at the moment it uses still the old menu design

Trook: it's a feed reader and file systems browser (directory structure for your library!). Great app and the motion is really a "flow" (in contrast to the B&N coverflow)

nookWifiLocker: the WiFi connection is disconnected, when not using a B&N app with internet connection (like The Daily or Shop). To avoid this when using Trook or the web browser, you can lock (keep up) the Wifi connection.

Busybox: offers many common unix utilities

Androidvncserver: a VNC server

Bye,
Dominik

Last edited by :D ominik; 02-08-2010 at 09:37 AM.
:D ominik is offline   Reply With Quote