View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 09:26 AM   #617
eriksnoopy
Connoisseur
eriksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to behold

Device: Sony PRS-950 (broken screen) kobo aura hd
Congrats Waba, both for getting the nice, crisp Aura HD and especially for still having a working 950 Its interesting that quite a few people have gone from the PRS-950 to the Aura HD, seems like we have the same taste in readers I also purchased the Aura HD yesterday, went to the local bookstore to get an espresso, but that turned out to be a bit too purple for my taste, went with the black (onyx) one instead... 199€ but an e reader is a must ever since i got my 950 (3 years back maybe?) Now its got black lines and black areas on it that wont go away, but on the bright side, i had a good reason to upgrade to a newer device and wont have to choose between two great devices before reading, but i do miss the 950, i used a permanent black marker to color the buttons which were chrome colored plastic and very reflective, used a tuff-love case and before that the original without-a-light case.

My new Aura HD, yes, it is quite slippery as i read here, i can live with that, not a fan of skins, unless it was leather, but for now im ok.
Reading with the light.. not yet a huge fan, tried it a little yesterday after my gf fell asleep, but had to turn it down to 1% so it wouldnt be too bright in a pitch dark environment. I would use an over head light when ever possible, but the built in light is a nice thing to have i suppose.
A tap instead of a swipe to turn pages is great, much more convenient.
The screen is super, worth the upgrade, and looks better then an average paperback in my opinion.
eriksnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote