View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #6
Greg_E
Zealot
Greg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheese

Device: Acer Iconia a500, XP tablet PC
I only have a single Kindle book right now, most of my reading is PDF and a couple of epub or .doc converted to epub and most of that is still being done on my android tablet.

here is the funny thing -

I have an Acer Iconia a500 Android tablet and a new to me Acer Iconia w500 tablet. Using Aldiko to read PDF on the a500 and the "metro" version of Acrobat reader on the w500... The text is more readable on the a500 than on the w500 and I don't know why. they used the exact same display panel for both (same size and same resolution). I know it will take a while to get the few applications that I need onto the "metro" win8 tablet, but I would not have thought there would be display issues when reading documents. Hoping that the ereader writers will catch up soon so I can ditch the a500, there are a couple things that I've wanted to do that the a500 will not do well enough which helps push me to buying the w500 and win8 upgrade. One of those was the ability to run a real office suite, nit the low end stuff available for Android, and google docs is not always accessible since you need to be connected to use it for the things I wanted to do.
Greg_E is offline   Reply With Quote