View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 04:44 PM   #78
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
Why would anyone purchase a device that doesn't suit their needs. You only have yourself to blame if that is the case. If they wanted a tablet there were lots of devices that could have been purchased then or now. The Vox and Touch are two totally different devices meant for different uses. And it has been 4 months now since the touch was released. Why is Kobo in the wrong for releasing a new device and ginving consumers more choice? How long should they have sat on the release?

What is fnny is that the people who are ticked probably don't even understand the differences in the devices. They just see new and think better. They will get the new one and get pissed off that it's battery doesn't last as long as the touch or it hurts their eyes to read on it for a long time. Besides if you really want the new one sell your touch and buy the vox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordvic View Post
I'm not sure thats the reason.

I think many people (myself included) are scratching our heads as to why Kobo decided the release of this thing needed to be so "stealthy".

they did a huge announcement what, 2 months ago announcing the Touch. they advertised it pretty nicely. it was allover the front pages of their respective partner stores.

as far as everyone knew, the Touch would be the "pinnacle" device for the Kobo line-up. nothing indicated prior to the leak that kobo had any intention of releasing a device like this.

Then suddenly. Boom. today its on the website and taking pre-orders. no press announcement. No media event. nothing. so People who bought the Touch, who might have wanted more, and would have waited if they knew it was coming are sitting here with a device, that they might not have really wanted.

I can definitely understand why there's some grumbling going on. Although, buyer beware still. Kobo doesn't own anyone anything. it's still doesn't have to sit well
kaikara is offline   Reply With Quote