View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 01:04 PM   #8
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Hey Krypto! Haven't seen you around.
Hi, Scion! I have to admit, I'm not much of a reader, unless you include technical manuals. I ended up purchasing the Virgin Mobile Optimus V smartphone for 130 bucks, and that's been fun to fool with. It's a pretty sweet deal with $40/mo no-contract, unlimited data/txt/email and 1200 talk minutes.

I installed the "Quick Settings" app on the smartphone and have the NC tethered to it. The 3G on Virgin Mobile's network has been less than impressive, so hopefully that will improve as they work on the network (I believe it's just using Sprint's network).

Another guy wrote an app called TetherGPS, and I now have the $5 GPS app "Copilot" running on the NC, tethered to the smartphone's GPS via the wireless tether, and then linked with TetherGPS. Copilot's certainly not the best GPS I've used, but it's functional I guess.

If the NC's internal FM radio was actually functional, I'd probably already have it mounted in the car.
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote