View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 01:36 PM   #15504
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Am I the only person that really enjoyed Sword Of Shannara?
Nope. I ain't apologizing for it either.

Certainly not when at the time I first read it, the only fantasy available in the book stores I haunted that wasn't a LotR clone, was LotR itself. Love it/Hate it/Make fun of it ... Terry Brooks, Lester Del Rey, and Stephen R Donaldson (and their readership) deserve a lot of the credit for fantasy even finding its way onto prominent book store shelves in the first place.

Now, having said that... I've moved on from enjoying Brooks' style of High|Epic|Whatever fantasy long ago. But I'll always be nostalgic about those first three books of his. Especially the second one.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote