Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 08:06 AM   #630
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiRsch View Post
hi there,
I have a weird problem with hyphenation and text justification. I have a book that just does not want to be justified and/or hyphenated. I tried converting from mobi to mobi as mentioned in the wiki, I even converted the mobi to epub and that epub back to a mobi. I changed the language to check if anything happens at all. It does show up in the log as detected and the language rules are loaded, but nothing happens to the actual layout, neither text justification nor hyphenation.
I am running all the latest jbpatch files as of 10 minutes ago.

this is the original mobi file, maybe you can find anything in there...

thanks a lot for all your work mate, i appreciate it a lot.
PLEASE EDIT YOUR POST TO REMOVE THE LINK TO COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL! Distributing copyrighted material is not allowed on Mobileread, and you may get banned for doing so.

That said, I have downloaded it for testing purposes (yes, I have already deleted it again). After converting the book from mobi to mobi, the hyphenation does work, but the alignment doesn't. I don't know what the reason is, but it's probably due to the book itself specifying that the text is not aligned.

But I'm not an expert on mobi/KF8/epub formats, and I can't look into every single book... You may have more luck by asking in a book formats-related subforum about how to fix the alignment. Good luck
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote