View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #14
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I just don't usually buy books that I'm not ready to immediately read.
Me too! Though we often coordinate in the house (two of us), so it does happen that "we" buy and either of us (two) does not read immediately. This is generally non fiction - in the case of fiction I generally read it straigthaway.
So here are my non-fiction-paid-for-and-not-yet-read list:
Spoiler:

The Social Conquest of Earth, Edward O. Wilson
The Winner-Take-All Society: Why the Few at the Top Get So Much More Than the Rest of Us, Robert H. Frank and Phillip J. Cook
Why We Cooperate, Michael Tomasello
Human: The Science Behind What Makes Us Unique, Michael S.Gazzaniga
Animal Spirits: How Human Psychology Drives the Economy, and Why It Matters for Global Capitalism, George A. Akerlof & Robert J. Shiller

There are non fiction books that I got as freebies that I definitely want to read:
Spoiler:

Pictures of the Mind: What the New Neuroscience Tells Us about Who We Are, Miriam Boleyn-Fitzgerald
A Planet of Viruses, Carl Zimmer
Brains: How They Seem to Work, Dale Purves

In terms of fiction, there is a number of books I own but not bought, several of which I will read. This is the most shameful part, as there are books here that I really should have read ages ago:
Spoiler:

Hunger, Knut Hamsun
Main Street, Sinclair Lewis
The Graduate, Charles Webb
History: A Novel, Elsa Morante
The Tartar Steppe, Dino Buzzati
Memoirs of Hadrian, Marguerite Yourcenar
Catch-22, Joseph Conrad
That Awful Mess On The Via Merulana, Carlo Emilio Gadda
paola is offline   Reply With Quote