View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #58
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Do we want to be a society where we pass and live under bad laws, flaunting them, ignoring them or enforcing them at capricious whim?
I think we need to change society first. A classic case can be found in race discrimination-a cop stopped a car with blacks for an infraction but ignored a car with whites that had the same infraction. The cop's reason? "I didn't notice the other car." That could be true-but in this case (as I recall) the cop had a lengthy history of 'not noticing' infractions by whites.

It's worse when the law explicitly leaves it to enforcers judgment when and against whom to enforce the law but the result is the same-we can't change the fact that laws will be enforced at capricious whim until society changes. Until then all we can do is try to get rid of laws that appear to be 'bad'.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote