View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #71
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
What about Macmillan and Simon & Schuster?

We can borrow a small number of Penguin books through the New York and Brooklyn libraries. The 3M software is unusually inconvenient, and few books are offered, but if press reports as to be believed, libraries can obtain any Penguin backlist title. By contrast, I believe that, at least in the US, Macmillan and Simon & Schuster completely refuse eBooks to libraries.
Ummmm, I guess Penguin stuck with me a while back when I read a few articles about them, and also noticed that not one of the Penguin books on my Amazon wishlist is available through eborrowing (as well as that their titles never go down in price). I have not noticed that from any other publisher, but it could just be that they don't publish the type of books I like. I'll have to do some research, it seems.
So far, my taste seems to gravitate towards Penguin and HarperCollins titles, as well as smaller publishers.
I have no beef with HarperCollins, especially now that Amazon can lower their prices, but the Penguin titles remain untouched on my wishlist.

Last edited by xendula; 01-12-2013 at 12:14 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote