View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #29
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
Hi. I already built gnash. But I didn't have time to test it. I don't know how to make it work with browser.
If you have NPAPI Gnash plugin library libgnashplugin.so (i.e. if you've configured Gnash with --enable-nsapi before compiling), then create /usr/lib/browser/plugins on KT and place library there. It should work (after browser reloading).

I don't know how to test it quickly, though. Youtube is the obvious suggestion, but for playing Youtube videos Gnash should be compiled with GStreamer/ffmpeg support and there should be appropriate codecs on device.

BTW, this directory path is hardcoded in libwebkitgtk, so (I believe) plugins placed in this directory should work with other WebKitGTK+-based browsers too (if they don't override enable-plugins property). Of course, it isn't the only place where WebKitGTK+ library looks for plugins. Here is the full list:
Spoiler:
Code:
/usr/lib/browser/plugins
/usr/local/lib/mozilla/plugins
/usr/lib/firefox/plugins
/usr/lib64/browser-plugins
/usr/lib/browser-plugins
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
/opt/mozilla/lib/plugins
/usr/lib/netscape/plugins
/usr/lib/netscape/plugins-libc5
/usr/lib/netscape/plugins-libc6
/usr/lib64/netscape/plugins
/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins
/usr/lib/nsbrowser/plugins
/usr/lib64/nsbrowser/plugins

It's strange, but string libflashplayer.so is also hardcoded in libwebkitgtk.

(Don't be in a hurry to try, if you have to spend time on something else. KT can wait infinitely, really. And you're already making great progress. )

Last edited by eureka; 10-15-2012 at 05:06 AM. Reason: it's libwebkitgtk, not libwebgtk!
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote