View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 01:41 AM   #25766
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Where the walker runs down to the Carson Valley Plain
There lived a maiden, Darcy Farrow was her name
The daughter of old Dundee and a fair one was she
The sweetest flower that bloomed oer the range

Her voice was as sweet as the sugar candy
Her touch was as soft as a bed of goose down
Her eyes shone bright like the pretty lights
That shone in the night out of Yerrington town

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMswQRt8C2A )

Wonderful song! Sounds like a genuine 'folk song.' Was 'supposed to.' It was written as part of a graduate dissertation in Musicology 'to sound like a genuine folk song' by Ewan MacColl in (I think) 1957 at McGill University.

Good morning, everyone! TGIF! Hanna Kin! POTS! Any way you look at it, it's the close of another week. Calendar week, that is. These days I have to keep an automatic calendar on my desk to know where in the year I am! God, I love it! I may even throw away my watch!

A big mug of my new English Breakfast tea beside me, as I get ready to go visit the Food Lady. I think it's time for me to cut back on the amount that I've been eating. I'm not putting on weight, but I feel like I'm eating too much, especially now that I have a motorbike again. I need to walk more!

Isn't it fun buying new tea? It's like playing the slot machines! Sometimes you win a little, sometimes you lose a little, and sometimes you really hit the jackpot! Enjoy your new tea!

Stitchawl
you can't throw away the watch! you'll miss your music sessions!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote