Thread: N2Aos
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #38
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
Well, after much playing/working with this I have decided to revert back to the original Amazon software. I think N2Aos is an intriguing bit of conversion, but is just too buggy at this point. When it works it definitely speeds things up and Google Play store is nice. Just too many random crashes and restarts. Also, you definitely lose Calibre support via USB on XP with a gen 1 Fire.
All in all I'll probably give it another try after their next update later this year since the reversion to the original Amazon firmware works well, but at this point I think this is a work in progress.
That's why I think that N2Aos goes one step too far. I have found that with any device based on a version of Android, the overall, best, and most bug-free version is the version of Android that ships with the device. It has been tested and optimized for the hardware.

With regard to Kindle Fire (HD and non-HD models) I have found the best solution is to root it and use an alternative launcher. (and install Google Play) I still have access to the Amazon services and I'm only a few screen taps away from switching between the Amazon Kindle Fire experience and Android tablet-like experience.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote