View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 06:28 PM   #4
desert dog
Zealot
desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2,3 Voyage,Oasis 1&2, Kobo Glohd, Aura hd, Kmini, H2O 1&2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
I would say that Joe Abercrombie's First Law Trilogy is a pretty dark and grim epic fantasy. It starts with "The Blade Itself".

I am also on book 5 (of 10) of Steven Erikson's 'Malazan, Book of the Fallen'. It is also dark and grim and definitely qualifies as epic fantasy. The first book is "Gardens of the Moon"
I second the Abercrombie First Law series.. also, I am reading a new author (new for me) on my kobo now, The Barrow by Mark Smylie. . Not sure if it qualifies as epic or not but it sure as hell is dark...
desert dog is offline   Reply With Quote