View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 09:59 AM   #11
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Jim, the styles.xml in /usr/share/FBReader/default/ will be rewritten whenever you update OpenInkpot, so you may want to keep a copy of your changes on your PC? I am wondering if putting an edited copy of styles.xml in /home/user/.FBReader/ would override the one in default? The reason that I mention that is that changes made in the /home/user/.FBReader/ path are your private configuration data and should survive updates to OpenInkpot.
Dave: I was concerned about this (but hadn't fully realized it at the time of my posting -- it only came to me later, as representing something of a drawback to my solution). I will definitely try the /home/user method you suggest next time I update OI, and report back Again many thanks. (But isn't ".FBReader" a hidden file that I may have to edit through Linux? Nevertheless, I will try.)

Last edited by ascherjim; 11-28-2009 at 10:01 AM.