View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechSarge View Post
There is a rather large series of books that I'd like to start reading. However, I don't want to clutter up my current Calibre library (pushing 2000 large books). Most of the new series books are text files, requiring conversion to read properly on my Kindle. They are also written by several different authors. As Calibre tends to title/author a new file that's html, txt, or zip by the first line of text in the file, I'd have to (currently) add each book, one at a time, and fix things before moving to the next book, so it doesn't get lost in the library. This is beyond tedious for 300+ books!

Is there a simple way to do this so the new imports don't get lost, before I can fix the metadata and convert them? Should I create a whole new library and just work on them in there? How do I do that? Is there a better way?
They don't get lost
You are not letting Calibre deliver the goods. Instead, you ar headding under the skirts.
BTW 2K books is not clutter , just archive the originals and use Calibre filed copy
NB Some Users have over 10K books in Calibre. Learn to use tags, set Series name (and Index).
Send to Device or Send to disk (useful for devices that are Not recognizable by calibre) can include the series index in a way tham keeps it in order.
In your case you do NOT want Author to be the top sort. Series is what is important.
sample:
Code:
{series[0]}-series/{series}/{series_index:0>2s}-{title}_{id}/{title}_{authors}
The series folder is useful to 1)make findin a single series easy. 2) prevent overfilling the root layer of some file systems
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote