View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 07:37 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by barebones View Post
I pre-ordered your Kobo Vox on October 23, 2011 and on December 4th, 2011 Purolator delivered the unit to my home. Upon examination the next day it was discovered the screen was shattered.
Thank you for ordering my Kobo Vox for me. What a shame it arrived damaged. Oh---were you under the impression that when you are writing on MobileRead you are writing to Kobo? Laura is right about going to getsatisfaction.com/kobo.

I am having a bt of trouble understanding your timeline. Today is December 5. You said the box arrived December 4 and you waited a day to open it. I assume you meant November.

Have you disputed the charge with your credit card company?

The box must have been horribly mangled if the screen within the rather sturdy packaging was shattered in shipping. I am surprised Purolator delivered it that way and even more surprised you waited a day to open something that must surely have looked damaged. Of course, maybe I put it in the box broken.

PS: Next time you are looking for Kobo support, scroll to the bottom of any page on the website and click on "get help" . The phone number will magically appear. If you prefer not to scroll, google, ummm, Kobo support or Kobo contact numbers, or Kobo help.

PPS: No one here will defend poor service, and we all know that Kobo's recent service has been ghastly. It's just amazing to me that you wrote such a confused note (November, December) with a few things that were just plain silly (Kobo hiding the phone number, really?). Your other choice would have been to ask folks here for some help.

Last edited by taming; 12-05-2011 at 07:55 AM. Reason: more info
taming is offline   Reply With Quote