View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 10:52 PM   #23
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
I haven't gotten a chance to look at the source yet. But I'm glad it's out.

Also, is the accessory port connected to anything other than power? I remember on the k3, the accessory port is connected to the serial port.

There's no use for the source code in regards to jailbreaking the device. That requires a NAND dump. The last one was dumped thanks to amazon accidentally leaving test scripts on one guy's kindle, allowing shell. It'll be harder this time. I'm in the process to McGuyver-ing up a NAND dumper (which most likey won't work) which hooks directly to the motherboard.

Last edited by yifanlu; 10-04-2011 at 10:55 PM.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote