View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #127
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
True. But: it is directed at building a uClibc root. You can get glibc by using it's integration for crosstool-ng, but then you could have used crosstool-ng in the first place. This is what I did. However, I decided to be close to the Amazon dev environment and carefully selected an older version of crosstool-ng that allows for building an older glibc version and an older gcc.

I don't think you can squeeze out much more from the CPUs were using here. A few tries to further optimize by specifying -mcpu and playing with -mfloat-abi/-mfpu did not really show impressive results (or, to be true, proved to be either not measurable or impacting performance to the worse).

Probably an older sourcery toolchain will work quite fine (about 2009?). The newer ones will bring a new glibc that brings new APIs.

Ah well, the joys of cross-compiling. Bah.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote