View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #126
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpavlin View Post
I did try to use Landley's compiler for Kindle, but I got error that kernel is too old. It was some time ago, so YMMV.
It should have been possible to configure for the older kernel headers. __should__

I don't think that the Kindle kernels are getting any newer, so that will need a HowTo (somewhere).

Support for i.MX* processors just started going into BuildRoot a couple of weeks ago. Not all of the Freescale processors (yet) nor def_configs (or qemu configs) for all of them (yet).
But that is a cross-compile build system, not a native compile build system.

Unlike many other projects, the repository head of BuildRoot is expected to work (not just the release tagged points), so it should 'just work' if you have to use 'head' to get Freescale support.

Also, BuildRoot is in active (daily) use for commercial production with a lot of attention to ARM from the professional users.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote