View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 10:22 PM   #8
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by muydificil View Post
Hello

This is my first post. My Kindle Touch is a brick. I had no Jailbreak. I received a request to activate the wifi and the next day I had the screen needed repair.

I read everything I could in the forum, but I'm afraid my knowledge is almost nil.

geekmaster see you talk about a fix that with a copy of mmcblk0p1 can repair my Kindle. Where is this fix? Is this already available?

Many thanks for the help.
A lot of people are getting their kindle 4 or kindle touch bricked during an update, even with no jailbreak or other hacks.

There are multiple ways to repair it, with different levels of complexity or risk.

I have custom u-boot images that can boot your kindle to whatever mode you want (main, diag, or fastboot) even when it is thoroughly bricked. One way to repair it is to boot to fastboot mode and reflash the main partition with your mmcblk0p1 image, using the kindle fastboot tool from yifanlu. Another way is to boot to diag mode and use ixtab's jailbreak to run /mnt/us/RUNME.sh, and in that script to "dd" the mmcblk0p1 image to the main partition. You can export the USB Drive from diags, if it is not visible while bricked.

You need to know some linux commands, or wait until I, or yifanlu, or another developer, release a simple-to-use reliable safe method. I have been working on one, but my "real" job is taking a lot of my time right now...

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-16-2012 at 10:24 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote