View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 11:25 AM   #8
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Well, now I know I won't be buying any of your books.
Yes, the Grammar Police are indeed in town. They're also called "ebook buyers," and they're the ones who expect their pbooks without torn pages and their ebooks without torn grammar. They don't believe any number of smilies can make up for bad punctuation.
I really don't understand people like the OP. They dont' seem to think that ebook readers have the same expectations of quality that, say, movie viewers do. They wouldn't want to see the wires when Superman flies, so why do they think there's something unreasonable about ebook readers wanting the technical aspects of writing to be done correctly?
Hmm but isn't that what editors are for? Granted it would be great if all would-be authors had perfect grammar but that does not seem to be so, as I've just read a comment on another thread about Stephen King and his own grammar shortcomings. I do agree that I would never read a book so riddled with grammar errors but at the same time was rather surprised by the initial comments on this thread. The grammar error could have been pointed out politely and not in such a seemingly below-the-belt manner. Just my two cents (as the OP was also asking about something else). I don't agree with the OP's response but I can understand if they felt just a little bit attacked.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote