Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #10
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowfax View Post
I have installed modified homescreen v1 on a NOT rooted PRS-T1. I know, that's my fault, but I have several devices. Some are rooted, some are not.
After the reboot the device is not accessible any more. It shows the "opening ebook" screen for about 10 seconds. Then it just shows the loading circle of two slowly turning arrows for hours.
I don't see a possibilty to access the device. The computer doesn't recognize the device. Sony's hard reset instruction and the instruction in the Rooting thread don't work. I have also tried the sdcard-rescue (by Borada). No chance.
Does anybody know an other way I could try to access the Reader?
Thanks for reading (and thinking).
Hmm, if it comes all the way to the "opening ebook" screen, the sdcard-rescue should work fine? Are you sure it is correctly set up?

I broke my system lots of times while trying to figure out the workflow of modifying apps but the sdcard-rescue always did the trick.