View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 09:40 AM   #17
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipenekkid View Post
really, that's sorta weird as when I had the chance to run them side by side this past January, I didn't see much, if any difference. Maybe there is some variation in the suppliers for the NC screens? Or it's the nicely tinted glass on the iPad? I do know I prefer the 4:3 screen of the iPad over the NC.

I wonder if cracking the case on the NC and replacing the CCFL tubes with daylight color corrected tubes would make a difference? I've see a lot of LCD panels over the years where the maker spent $0.35 less on warmer CCFL's resulting in all but killing the dynamic range/color depth on the display. But <$25 and 30-mins of my time and viola, night and day difference after swapping-in the daylight color corrected CCFL(s).

I mention that as they both use IPS panels. But of course different makers will use different materials to get to the same place, sort of

Thanks for the details.
I'm sure Dr. Soneira at DisplayMate will test a Nook 2 screen at some point-he was pretty impressed with the iPad 2 display:
http://www.displaymate.com/mobile.html
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote