View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 09:47 AM   #2
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I'm sorry that the Kindle didn't work out for you. Honestly, I too would like better contrast but I know that the screen is as good as it gets and for me it's still far superior to backlit LCD. What I've found works for me is to change the font size in lower light situations. This only works to a certain point but since I keep my Kindle in my M-Edge cover all the time it's simple to clip on a book light. I use book lights with pbooks so that's not a big deal to me.

It take me awhile to get used to the buttons but since I keep it in my cover I have no problem with gripping and button manipulation. I tend to alternate between my hands but hold it mostly in my left hand since I'm a lefty.

Since backlit LCDs don't bother you, I can see why you are disappointed in the eInk screen.

Regarding the EVDO, I'm surprised that you're having such slow speeds. Mine is adequate, data speeds as good as I get on my phone when surfing the net. Books download in seconds not minutes. I wonder if there is a hardware issue with yours?
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote