View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 11:29 PM   #1685
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
... (unless I missed one--a distinct possibility).

I've posted additional comments and a couple patches to the bug report. I hope to convince Kovid to include one patch or the other.
Now a certainty. Kovid pointed out the correct new_api calls for me to use.

So attached is a version that will only update author links (and therefore last_modified on all those authors' books) when the link actually changes.

Kovid also says "Note that the next release will also not mark books as dirty if you set the same value as before for the author link." But we don't necessarily want to wait that long.

UPDATE Aug 28, 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 08-28-2013 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions