Thread: kepub problem
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #1
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
kepub problem

I'm having a problem with a kepub...

I keep a notes file that I use for keeping track of series information. It is an rtf file. If I run this thru Calibre to create an ePub, and then use Calibre to transfer it to my Glo (it ends up as a kepub):

1) I don't always end up in the same place when coming out of sleep, or opening the book from the home screen
2) Some times when I open the book (from the home screen, or after waking from sleep), the top or bottom lines are truncated.

If I transfer the ePub file using Windows File Explorer, everything is fine.

I attached an rtf file (and the converted ePub file) that demonstrates the problem. To reproduce the problem:

1) Change the font so there are about 5 pages/screens
2) Exit to the home screen
3) open the book again

For example: When I close the book (exit to the home screen), I'm on page 4 and "Line 39" is at the top of the screen; when I open the book, I'm on page 5, "Line 50" is at the top of the page, and the top half of "Line 50" is missing.

I'm using a Glo with 2.5.1.
Attached Files
File Type: rtf test - Unknown.rtf (1.3 KB, 221 views)
File Type: epub test - Unknown.epub (132.0 KB, 142 views)
John F is offline   Reply With Quote