Thread: php format
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #4
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
If you are referring to this book in the Library here at MobileRead then it is an epub. There is no such thing as a php format for ebooks. What you experienced is a problem saving (downloading) the book where your browser named it with a php extension. I have run into this in the past. What browser are you using?

I suspect if you rename it the name it should have (Harvard Classics Volume 18 - Dryden, Sheridan, Goldsmith, Shelley, Browning, Byron.epub) then it will be just fine.
It was the book I meant, and your solution works perfectly. I don't understand though why Internet explorer 11 should do that, and why only with a few books (I load several every day, and had the problem only with two).

EDIT: I just realised I download with Mozilla Firefox whenever there are captchas, I'll have to check whether it might be systematic with Internet. Also I forgot to mention that whatever the book, its name is attachment.php

EDIT2: A Gutenberg book just downloaded normally with Internet. I'll have to mention it to GeorgeH.

Last edited by anacreon; 12-14-2013 at 11:07 AM.
anacreon is online now   Reply With Quote