View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #36
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
Quote:
** Re-downloading your books: You should always be able to do this. Who does not allow it? Fortunately, I’ve never had to re-download any of my books from any of the stores I frequent, so I’m curious about other people’s experiences.
I was just reminded of another example -- Kobo. I manually DL all my Kobo purchases and absolutely do NOT want to auto-sync. However, the only way I have found to stop my Kobo Touch eReader from trying to sync is to -delete- the books from my purchased/to-read list (whatever they call it.) *poof* They are gone for good into some vanishing black hole and no longer listed in my account library. AFAIK there is no way to move them from the 'to-read' list and there is no way to mark them as 'don't sync' or something similar, and there is no way to re-download these books. For all I know there may not even be a way to track that I own them period without some serious customer service hoops and my original purchase confirmation email.

Last edited by artifact; 01-24-2013 at 02:01 PM.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote