View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #74
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom SKP View Post
I seem to be having a basic problem inserting the URL:

example using your original Joe Abercrombie example, but with Goodreads:

1. Selected Joe Abercrombie book in my calibre
2. Used Search the Internet for Goodreads by Author
URL is: http://www.goodreads.com/search?q=Joe+Abercrombie
note page lists 1-19 of 29 results
3. Opened Import List
4. on Predefined tab, selected Goodreads Shelves: Fantasy then clicked Edit
5. Copy and paste above URL into Web Page, Download from url: and then click Preview
6. That's it. Just sits there... ??? No books shown and the Next button never highlighted. Source info seems logical, xpaths are prefilled in ...

What am I doing wrong?
Hi Tom,

Every different type of webpage needs a custom settings profile defined for it. If you compare the two web pages involved you will see that they contain significantly layout. The example I give on the front page will work on Fantastic Fiction for any Fantastic Fiction author. However I have not included with this plugin an equivalent for Goodreads, yet you are trying settings as though I had . You arem mixing a shelf results page settings with a search results page settings, hence it does not work correctly.

However it is I think an interesting suggestion that I do include an equivalent of that Fantastic Fiction profile for Goodreads, which will parse the first page of search results. That would give you exactly what you want.

Keep an eye out for a new version of the plugin, I will try to include it if it is indeed possible...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote