View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 09:09 AM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Thanks! I got it, and I'm searching through the archive of .LRF files here to find other things I'm interested in.

Is there an easy way to convert things from .lrf to .rtf or other easily-editable format? (Does Calibre do that? I haven't installed it yet.)
If you use ebook library, (as astra mentions), there is no "formatting" delay. The books just simply open and you can change the font and the result is almost immediate.

I know you state that you like RTF - and that's fine, of course - but RTF will not retain any links such as Chapter links and jpegs. Also, the files can be very large.

You mention in your first post about some issues with RTF. You write: "Discovered RTFs have some arcane and nonsensical way of assigning "author." And sometimes title." Here's how you fix that:

Open Word. Go to "Properties." That's the place you can correct the author and title in the way you like.

Have fun!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote