Thread: Book Designer
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 06:10 PM   #15
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndtvideas123 View Post
1. With BD4, I am not seeing any button to upgrade to BD5 or any button which says to convert to Sony format. It seems to be a very complex screen with only icons.
Thank you.
Ah. You don't use buttons to update from BD 4 to BD5.

The process is described in the wiki. I quote:

"Two steps are required to install BookDesigner:

Download and install the base release of BookDesigner 4.
Download the latest BD full release update -- it contains all of the files that have been updated since the base release (i.e. there's no need to run earlier updates). Unzip this file to its own directory, then copy the full content of this directory (and its subdirectories) to the BD directory located in "Program Files", ensuring that the new content overwrites the original files. "

1. So go to the first link posted by JS Wolf. Download the files.
2. Install BD4.
3. Then unzip BD5 onto a folder on your desktop.
4. Open the BD4 files (which will be hidden in my computer/c drive/ program files/book designer.
5. Copy all the BD5 files into the BD4 folder. The new version will overwrite the old.
6. Job done.

Note: The folder in your program files will still be called 'BD4.' Don't worry.
If you open the BD shortcut icon that will appear on your desktop, then click on 'help' and 'main help' it will tell you whether you have BD4 or BD4.

Under 'make ebooks' you have the option of making a sony reader book. It is also a good idea to make a book designer book. (This will save itself in my computer/c drive/program files/ Book Designer/bd.) Then, if you ever want to make any corrections, or to make the book in another format, you can open the book designer book.

I hope that this helps.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote