View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #3
John123
Connoisseur
John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Samsung Note, Kindle, hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Looks like a Calibre bug. If you compile the ePub file with KindleGen the spaces are not ignored.
Thank you, that worked, well at least it held onto the line spaces in that very simple file. But, I feel I'm stepping back in time using a DOS prompt! Anyway, it worked so . . . brilliant.

Okay, I'll try Kindle Previewer, which seems to be more up-to-date. That also worked, with the exception of the italics, which produced a sans serif face, which I can sort of live with.

So I thought I'd try something a little more complicated. OMG! I have attached the error log file.

I'd very much appreciate it if any of you more clever folks have a look at this log file and decipher it better that I can! I did a lot of messing about in Sigil to get this looking quite good as an .epub file. But, I'm afraid, Kindle eluded me.

I can upload the original .epub file, if necessary, that produced the error file, though it's 6 megs.

Anyway, thanks once again.

John.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Walking_with_lions_errors.doc (55.5 KB, 836 views)
John123 is offline   Reply With Quote